Welcome to the Etsy SNS Official Blog. SNS = Saturday Night Specials.
What is the SNS?
The Saturday Night Specials (SNS) is a promo thread started by Willowglass so that Etsy sellers can kick back on a Saturday night and hopefully gain some sales as a result. Buyers look forward to this thread each week! You decide the special for your shop, whether it be a percentage off, a BOGO (Buy One, Get One 1/2 off), or whatever you choose.
What time does the SNS start?
Each Saturday the thread is started at approximately 5 p.m. EST/NY time. To make it a true Saturday Night Special, your specials must be limited to Saturday night. If your specials run beyond this time frame, there are plenty of other threads to post them in!
The SNS runs from 5 p.m. EST/NY time and *must* officially end at midnight Samoa time (which is 6 a.m. EST/NY time). You can choose to end your SNS earlier in a different time zone of you wish.
Who starts the SNS threads?
The current SNS Hosts are:
WillowGlass, BeadBug, LilMouse, Binageyer, MooreTaste, RightAsRainCreations, CountryHeartGifts, JPATPurses.
See the schedule in the right hand column.
What do I need to do?
* End your SNS no later than midnight Samoa time (which is 6 a.m. EST/NY time)
* Post a notice about your Specials in your Shop Announcements section to ensure that buyers will know what your specials are.
* There will be no recapping (repostings) of your SNS. This is necessary to keep the thread as streamlined as possible for buyers and is at their request.
* If you're offering a "Super Special", it may be posted one time only. Again, use your Shop Announcement area to advertise your specials :)
* Toward the top of your listing, include a summary of what you sell. Also, include a link to your shop, which then opens in a new window for buyers.
* Remind buyers to put *SNS* in their notes so you can offer the appropriate discount and also track your SNS sales. The SNS code should only be used in the original SNS thread.
* Coming soon: (an example posting)
Where can we chat?
A weekly companion is started in the ETC forum for chatting and having fun while the SNS is running!! It will be called the Saturday Night Special Companion and will be started soon after the SNS Promotions thread.
Why is there a separate chat thread?
We want sellers who continue to participate to have all the fun + many more sales which we think can be accomplished if the thread is as streamlined as possible.
What is a "Secret"?
A secret is a special item in your shop you are giving at a steep discount to encourage buyers to browse your shop! Standard is free, buyer pays shipping - please specify if the price of your secret falls out of these parameters.
* If you are offering a "secret", in your shop, please advertise it in the Etc. thread and not in the SNS Promotions thread.
* Must have the words "Secret SNS" or "SNS Secret" somewhere in the listing (so it is clear and buyers don't mistakenly buy a non-secret item).
* Please, to keep the "Secret" list and activity streamlined, only offer one secret, and only take one secret per week. If you are a seller and take one, please offer one to keep the good karma rolling!
* Be respectful. Don't take a secret from the same shop every week - the point is to get new buyers into our shops while having some fun!
* Do post the transaction link once you've "found" your secret so we can all admire your cunning and good eyesight! :)
* Note, in rare instances, people who do not abide by these guidelines may be asked to refrain from participating in the secrets portion of SNS.
How do I know if it's the Official SNS thread?
* You'll always be able to distinguish the original SNS thread as it will be referred to as Willowglass' Saturday Night Specials (SNS). Have fun!
* Please refrain from beginning or posting in Copycat threads. This affects the effectiveness of the Official thread. Everyone is more than welcome to join in SNS!
*CopyCat threads:Buyers who regularly shop the SNS thread have asked that ALL "Saturday Night Special" sales be posted in the Official SNS Thread only, because it makes it easier for them to browse all the shops in one place.
* Also, Willowglass was dedicated for more than 1 1/2 years to establish the SNS. Please respect that. If you want to host your own sale, we simply ask that you have the courtesy to use a different name for it. Thank you!
From Team Etsy
"Saturday Night Specials
Summary: The Saturday Night Specials (SNS) is a promo thread started by Willowglass so that Etsy sellers can kick back on a Saturday night and hopefully gain some sales as a result. Buyers look forward to this thread each week! You decide the special for your shop, whether it be a percentage off, a BOGO (Buy One, Get One 1/2 off), or whatever you choose.
Deadline: This is an on-going weekly event.
Organized by: willowglass
More info: on the Forums, here.
(Sorry, I had to remove anonymous comments because someone wasn't kind.)